Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Monday, December 9, 2013

Lily Lois Nielson

Lily Lois Nielson

8lb 10oz, 21in
Born 11/16/13
American Fork Hospital

Well, Lily made it into our lives.  Here is the birth story.  So Thursday 11/14/13, I started having contractions in the afternoon around 3:00PM.  Cassie and mom were like we better start timing them! So I called Derek and was like man, tonight it's going to happen.  I was up all night timing, feeling them. Nothing too painful but starting to get a little painful.  Then friday we all went to Ikea (me, mom, cass and kids).  Still waiting and timing the contractions.  Friday night I started crying feeling like I would never have this baby.  (Four days over due).  That night kinda wet down there, so I told my mom that something was happening.  Turns out that my water was leaking so at 11:30 we headed over to the hospital.  I was praying that they wouldn't send me home. I was ready to have this little girl.

Luckily, my water was leaking so they induced me an hour later.  They asked if I wanted an epidural and I said sure but my pain isn't too bad yet.  They said thats okay, I said, sure lets do it.  So at 3 in the morning I had an epidural and then me and Derek took a nap until 7AM.  They came in and checked on me and it was pretty great. I had to keep looking at the monitor to see if I was having contractions. Then at 7, they said oh it looks like you are dialed to a 5.  Things are going great.  Then an hour later I was at a 6, and then half hour later I was at a 7. So I called mom and Sally and said you better come over I am going to have this baby in the next few hours.

Well turns out I ended up getting a fever. That is the picture below.  I was on so much medicine and I started to feel crappy.  Then everything slowed down.  So I didn't end up pushing until 3:30 in the afternoon.   It was so nice having my support team there.  Derek, Mom, Sally, and then Cassie came right before I pushed.  I was getting massages, and my back rubbed.  Pretty nice.

So no one told me that you have to push for an hour or two!  Man was that hard, and exhausting. I was feeling soo sick from having so much medicine in me all day that it was awful.  But pushing for an hour and a half then she finally came out. Derek and mom were holding my legs helping me push.

Lily pooped inside of me and ate it, so when she came out they had to clean her off and get that out of her, but I was feeling soo sick and tired I was fine that they took her away.  Then when she came back I just started crying. What an amazing experience.  That little person coming out of me, what a miracle!  It truly is amazing.





What a good husband :)  And mom :)



This little cuttie pie

 Proud Dad.











Love this little girl!


Katie and Josh came to visit





I was so swollen from all that medicine and felt so out of it.






Hanging out in the hospital. Man I didn't want to leave.





 Cassie and the family made that sign





What a fun time having everyone there!


No comments:

Post a Comment