Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm engaged!

Yes I know, I am a slow blogger!  But this post is an important one.  So for those of you who don't know the story (which most of you do because I only have like 10 followers) Derek proposed to me two weeks ago in the morning as we were hiking Stewart Falls...


So that morning he came over to my house and I may or may not have been bugging him to propose before I left to NY...So that morning he told me Its not happening today.  So I was like okay that's fine, and didn't think anything of it.  So I just started getting ready to go hiking and then that morning on our way to go hiking we had to stop over at Derek's house for something.  He went inside and I guess my dad called him back and he got permission from him just then.  

I was excited to go hiking. Stewart falls is my favorite and its a beautiful Saturday morning.  So we are hiking and go to the waterfall having fun, and then on the way back he pulls out of his pocket this paper that says 10 reasons I want to marry Alli.  So cute!  So as we are walking back he begins to tell me all the reasons he wants to marry me.

Here are the reasons :

10 reasons I want to marry alli.

1. because of how much you love me, you see all of the good things in me.
2. How much I love you, I want you to be happy and I want to try to make you happy everyday for the rest of our lives.
3. I want to have a family with you. I want to have little kids running around that look like you and me.
4. I want to become a better person with you, and you make me better everyday.
5. I love just sitting and talking with you and I want to spend forever sitting and talking with you.
6. You're smoking hot and I can't resist you. I love your body. I love your face, your hair, your lips. I love everything about your body.
7. I love being with you. I want to be with you forever. I love going on trips. Riding in the car. I love eating dinner. Going on dates. Working out. Walking. I love having you with me and even when I should be doing other things without you I would rather have you with me than getting those things done.
8. You're great at serving and doing things for other people. I want to be more like that. I want to help you serve and help other people. I want to serve and take care of you.
9. We look great together. I love looking at the picture of you and me that you put in my car. It makes me happy when I look at it. I want to take great looking pictures with you for the rest of our lives.
10. You're so spiritual and I'm excited to grow and develop spiritually with you throughout our lives. You are always thinking about what the Spirit is telling you and I love that about you.

Then on reason 9 we went off to a secluded place and he told me a few things and then got down on one knee and proposed.  It was perfect. I was not suspecting it at all and it was such a great morning.


He didn't get the real ring yet so he proposed with this fake one, and I love it.  Almost as much as the real one.  Well I don't know exactly what my real ring looks like but I picked out one that I liked and I should be getting something like it.  Then after, we went and got drinks and went to lunch at Zupas.  A perfect morning.  Man I love this guy :)

So that afternoon I had to go to a friends bridal shower and then me and Derek went to a BBQ with a bunch of his friends from Utah State. It was really fun and we were on our way home.  So when we got back to my house, Derek said, hey hold on one sec and he ran downstairs. I thought he just had to go to the bathroom.  So I am waiting and then he comes back upstairs and when we go down and I see rose petals into my room. When I walk in there are 6 dozen roses and candles all over the room.  He told me that he loved me and man was I happy :)  It really was the perfect day!

Just like a cat there...haha

We are getting married October 7th In Salt Lake City Ut - And I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alli, I hope you don't mind that I blog stalk you...But, I wanted to say congratulations again. Derek seems like such a great guy; perfect for my Alli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!! I hadn't heard the story yet and I LOVED reading it!! so excited for you Alli...you guys are so cute! We got married October 11th, yea for October weddings! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will now be an avid follower of your blog! So cute!! Im so excited for you!!!!!!! Yeah October :)

    ReplyDelete