Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Derek Alli & Baby Lily

Monday, May 7, 2012

What's that in the carpet Derek?

So funny story.  The apartment has been really humid lately because our water heater was broken and the pipes were dripping water onto it. And there were spiders coming out. I mean big spiders.  I was cleaning the bathroom and they are hiding in my gloves in the bucket! Sick! Didn't clean the rest of the day. Sorry Derek. So i'm having these nightmares about spiders. Ridiculous.  Then they fix that problem.  A week later I am in the living room monday night and in the corner it looks like leaves.  So I say Derek weird there are leaves in the corner of the house, wait they look like potatoes.  I said, come over here look at these. And he touched them and said sick! They are mushrooms!



There were mushrooms growing INNN our carpet. You didn't think mushrooms could grow in your house, well I didn't either.  I was freaking out! mold in our house! spiders, I am out of here! We called the landlord and she said what??? mushrooms, I've NEVER heard of that.  what the heck!  Anyhow we we left and went to the movies to get out of the house.

The next day the mold guy came, acted like it was no big deal. Said there was a water leak because of the ice-maker in the fridge.  He pulled up the carpet sprayed some bleach and put the fan on that area to dry it up.  Its all fixed. But moral of the story. Be grateful you have no mushrooms growing in  your house!!

Thought that was pretty funny.

3 comments: